One of the perks of being Naturally Lindy’s Beauty Ambassador, is being able to learn so much from someone that has not only been in the industry longer than I have, but has personally formulated a skin care line made for all skin types. Just as I do, Naturally Lindy believes the state of your skin reflects your whole being—the thoughts you think, your emotions, your stress levels, the food you eat, toxins in your environment, how you treat your body, and even the people around you, as well as the skin care products and regime that you use. We can help give you suggestions and products recommendations for your outer beauty, as you work on your inner beauty, health, balance and peace. These are some tips that have been shared with me that I am passing to you.
- Stay out of the sun; wear a hat, even in the shade, along with a non-chemical sunscreen or
sun block, minimum SPF 15.
- Don’t forget your hands—apply sunscreen and wear gloves when you drive or garden
- Chew your food slowly. You should chew 20-30 times per bite for proper digestion.
- Eat healthy—lots of fruits and veggies and lean protein. Stay away from sodas, fast food,
fried food, dairy and processed foods.
- Avoid smoke and alcohol.
- Get enough sleep.
- Don’t touch your face and wash your hands frequently. Bacteria are everywhere; door knobs, telephones, desks, steering wheels, etc.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Don’t try to dry acne out—that just stimulates oil production, because your body needs to
compensate for the dry epidermis (top skin layer) in its attempt to restore balance. Instead,
heal your acne with nourishing, gentle, natural products.
- Exercise and be active.
- After exercise, cleanse the sweat off your face and any break-out prone areas as soon as possible. Otherwise, all those toxins will go back into your body and break out on your face, back, arms and chest. (Carrying Fruit Tonic and cotton rounds in your gym bag for a quick, gentle cleansing and toning helps).
- Always keep skin moisturized. If oily, use an oil free moisturizer. If dry, use a medium weight moisturizer.
- Think positive thoughts negativity is only a weight that prevents growth.
- Be in the now. Be Happy. Enjoy who you are—you are the only person in the world who is you!