Spring is here! Just in time too, because our skin sure could use a break from the cold and dryness of winter. While moisturizers alone can help with dry skin, they can’t get rid of it. This is the perfect time of year to get a facial and have all that dead and dry skin buffed off your face. A facial will leave your skin feeling silky smooth and young. Everyone who sees you will comment on that sudden glow, and will wonder how you’ve achieved it. Spring-cleaning isn’t just for your house this time of year; it’s for your pores as well! If you have dry skin, you may be experiencing some of these symptoms:
- A feeling of tightness
- Shrunken or dehydrated skin
- Skin feeling rough rather than smooth
- Flaking, scaling or peeling
- Fine lines or cracks
Experiencing just one of the above symptoms can be uncomfortable. Not only from a physical standpoint, but they can also leave you feeling like you don’t look your best. A facial will make you look younger and feel younger as well. Facials even offer health benefits:
- Increased circulation – When steam is applied to the face it opens up blood vessels. Opening the blood vessels bring nutrients and oxygen to the skin encouraging new cell growth.
- May reduce blood pressure caused by stress – Facials may seem like an indulgent luxury, but the atmosphere of a spa room can reduce anxiety and stress, thus reducing short-term high blood pressure.
- Increase lymphatic drainage – Facials awaken lymph nodes promoting drainage of excess fluids. The draining of these fluids can help you look less “puffy”.
- Reduce minor congestion – Along with spring comes allergies and congestion. The steam helps open constricted nasal passages and massaging of certain pressure points on the face may help to reduce pressure and congestion.